#IllustrationExploration is a little side project I've started just for fun, for the sake of happiness and sharing, and for a little something different. A little while ago I had an idea to create a piece of art and share it for free, through a treasure hunt of sorts - hence "Illustration Exploration". The first one happened last week and it goes a little something like this:
• I'll announce on social media (facebook, twitter, instagram, snapchat @happinessisblog*) the day before it happens
• On the day I'll post clues about the package's whereabouts on twitter and snapchat. If you look carefully the clues will generally include a landmark or road name that you can google if the area doesn't look familiar
• I'll share a pic of what it looks like where it's placed
• It will be "hidden" somewhere in plain sight, where you may not see it if you aren't looking for it, but if you are looking for it, it'll be right there
• Once someone finds it they need to let me know, so until I've posted on my social media accounts that it has been found, it'll probably still be out there waiting!
Both of these were found a day or two after they were left, so if you aren't available at the time that I'm posting clues, don't be discouraged! It's not over until I share that someone found it. Make sure to check out all the clues on the hashtag (#IllustrationExploration), and on both twitter and snapchat for maximum info as the clues will be different on both accounts.
A lovely lady called Kat Kali found the first package, and her message about it was so heartwarming, it absolutely made my week....
So they'll happen roughly twice a month, every second week. You'll have to keep an eye on social media to know exactly when it's going down, and follow along for clues. The package is generally placed around lunchtime, so you can even pop out for some lunch break exploring to find it! There've been two so far, have a look at some of the clues and the illustrated pieces that were inside...
Inside the package you'll find an original hand drawn illustration, much like what you'll find on my Instagram account, a handwritten note from me, and maybe some other mystery items, depending on how much time I have. A little package of happiness, no strings attached!
Sounds good? Join in! The next one will be next week.Of course due to the nature of the project it is only available to people in the Durban area. If you're not from Durban and you'd like an illustration, or if you'd like a specific illustration piece instead, you're welcome to get in touch for commissions. Most pieces on my Instagram account are also or sale.
If this inspires you to start your own branch in a different city, drop me a mail! Spreading the happiness is encouraged :)
*Add me on Snapchat for this project as well as some behind the scenes on my work and some of what I get up to when I'm not working: @happinessisblog
Follow Happiness is... twitter • facebook • instagram • pinterest • bloglovin'