Thursday 1 November 2012

So I impulse-bought some calligraphy pens...

Experimental illustration with calligraphy pens

I've never attempted proper calligraphy before and don't know the first thing about it really, so if you're a calligraphy master don't go getting your judgy pants on! I thought they'd be fun to play around with and might produce some interesting results. They came in a pack of three, each with a different width. These are some quick doodles I did with them (above), and I worked it into a watercolour pattern I'd created previously (below). What do you think? 

Experimental illustration with calligraphy pens
Looking forward to playing around with them more :)

4 comments :

  1. Que bonito.
    Saludos desde www.jualferx.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. very cool! i'm sure these pens are going to be your new best friends. hehe...
    xx
    www,atipsytart.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, your doodles are so great - well done.
    I have just started to try to teach myself the art of calligraphy, and I think its going to be a long while before I am able to post any picks of my daft attempts (eek!)
    Nice to see your work - keep it up!
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Josh, I really appreciate that! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover